In 2018, SAMHSA estimated that 2.1 million people ages 12 or older had an opioid use disorder. Opioid addiction can be difficult to overcome, but there is effective, evidence-based treatment available–you just have to know how to find it. At Sheer Recovery, we can help you or a loved one find the right opioid rehab center in California for you. But first, it’s important to understand what the right rehab center looks like.
Look for Medically-Supervised Detox Services
The first step toward recovery from opioid addiction is detoxification. While opioid withdrawal is generally not life-threatening, the symptoms you may experience can become severe. Symptoms like muscle aches, cold sweats, agitation, and intense cravings can push you over the edge and make you tempted to use opioids again just to get some relief. Needless to say, detoxing on your own without medical support will likely result in a relapse.
As a result, one of the most important things to consider when choosing an opioid rehab center is whether or not they offer medically-supervised detox services. Medical detox centers can prescribe detox medications and offer 24-hour support to reduce the severity of withdrawal symptoms and eliminate the risk of relapse. This is the safest, most effective way to detox from opioid drugs.
Sheer Recovery is the ideal place to begin your recovery from opioid use disorder because we offer residential medical detox services that are tailored to your needs. Our medical team specializes in managing symptoms of withdrawal and designing custom detox plans for each client that promote comfort and safety.
Consider Your Personal Needs and Current Situation
There is much more involved in beating opioid addiction than just detox. Recovery is a life-long journey for many people and a highly personal one at that. When choosing an opioid addiction treatment center in California, it is essential that you consider your personal needs before making a decision.
Before you make a decision consider the following:
- Mental health – Researchers estimate that 48-64% of people with opioid use disorder have a mental illness. If you struggle with addiction as well as a mental health condition like anxiety, depression, or bipolar disorder, you need integrated care that treats both addiction and mental health, so you can benefit from choosing a dual diagnosis program.
- Addiction severity – Opioid use disorder (OUD) is diagnosed on a scale of mild, moderate, and severe. The more severe your addiction, the higher level of care you may require. For example, someone with mild OUD may be able to recover successfully with detox and outpatient treatment, but someone with a severe OUD may require more intensive care like what is offered at a residential treatment facility.
- Insurance coverage – Opioid rehab in California is covered by insurance, but not every rehab center is in-network with every insurance provider. Be sure to choose a rehab center that accepts your insurance to get the most out of your healthcare coverage and minimize your out-of-pocket costs.
- Location – Many people choose to travel for rehab because of the many benefits this option can offer. Going to rehab away from home means separation from triggers and a fresh start. It also means access to a wider variety of treatment options. Orange County, California, for example, is home to some of the highest-rated recovery facilities as well as an active and engaged recovery community that can support you in your journey no matter where you are from.
Qualities to Look for When Choosing the Best Opioid Rehab Center in California
Now that you know what aspects of treatment you should consider before choosing an opioid recovery program, it’s time to learn about the important qualities of a reputable addiction treatment center.
Licensing and Accreditation
The importance of licensing and accreditation cannot be understated. The best opioid rehab facilities are state licensed and third-party accredited. Accreditation, whether through the Joint Commission or the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF), guarantees that a treatment center meets specific high standards of care. Treatment centers that are accredited have demonstrated a commitment to excellence, evidence-based practices, and patient safety.
Opioid addiction affects everyone differently, and every person has their own unique circumstances that led them to addiction. This means there is no one-size-fits-all formula when it comes to treatment and recovery.
The most effective opioid addiction treatment programs embrace an individually-tailored approach that provides each client with a unique treatment plan that is developed according to his or her specific needs. Individualized care allows you to address the root cause of your addiction, move past your current situation, and set you up for success in your sobriety.
Staff to Client Ratio
Another quality to look for is a high staff-to-client ratio. Some drug rehab centers treat 30-40 patients at a time or have therapy groups with 10+ clients and only one therapist. Having too many clients and too few therapists means less time spent on each person and more potential to hide. However, opioid rehab centers in California use a 6-bed model where no more than six people are treated at one time. This intimate setting provides more highly-focused, individually tailored care and may improve treatment outcomes.
Find the Right Opioid Rehab Center in California Today
Sheer Recovery is a world-class, 6-bed residential treatment center offering comprehensive medical detox and treatment services to those struggling with addiction. As a Joint Commission accredited recovery facility that accepts most major insurance carriers, we aim to provide the highest standards of care to as many people as possible and meet all the criteria of a reputable, trustworthy rehab center.
If you or a loved one are struggling with opioid addiction, now is the time to get help. Call today to speak with a qualified admissions specialist about starting treatment at Sheer Recovery.
Still have questions? Give us a call today.
- No Obligation When You Call
- All Contact Is Completely Confidential
- Expert and Caring Staff Ready For You
"*" indicates required fields