What is a Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP)?
Our partial hospitalization program (PHP) is a type of addiction treatment program where you receive treatment Monday through Friday at our outpatient office. We also offer housing to our PHP clients in a monitored environment. The goal is to facilitate comprehensive, individualized care for mental health and substance use disorders while allowing clients to have some level of freedom outside of the rehab center.
During PHP, you are given some freedoms and the ability to make certain choices, while still enjoying the stability of daily structure provided when you stay in a supervised treatment facility. This extended-care stage can last anywhere from 30 to 60 days depending on your personal needs and medical necessity. Many people attend detox or residential treatment at Sheer Recovery before starting PHP.
Who Should Consider PHP Addiction Treatment in California?
PHP is designed for people who need more than 30 days of residential treatment. You can also benefit from PHP if you have recently completed an inpatient rehab and are looking for an extended-care option to support your transition back to independent living.
Indicators that a partial hospitalization program in Southern California is right for you include:
- You have already detoxed or finished inpatient rehab and are seeking continued care.
- You have been diagnosed with a moderate to severe addiction but are not at risk of harming yourself or relapsing immediately.
- You have a moderate to severe addiction but have a supportive home environment or are living in a sober home, so you don’t need residential care or 24/7 supervision.
- You are looking for a more affordable or flexible treatment option than inpatient rehab but still want highly-personalized care.
- You have a mild to moderate substance use disorder as well as a co-occurring mental health condition but have not been referred to a residential treatment facility.
Choosing which level of care is right for you isn’t always easy because addiction recovery isn’t black and white. Everyone is different with their own unique needs, and some substance use disorders are more severe than others. Speaking with a qualified addiction specialist is the best way to decide if PHP is right for you.
What to Expect From Sheer Recovery’s Partial Hospitalization Program
At Sheer Recovery, the goal of our PHP is to help you begin integrating healthy activities and choices into your everyday life. With intensive, structured days, but freedom in the evening and on the weekends, you will start developing your own healthy routine that can support lifelong recovery. Adjusting to daily life after spending time in a residential treatment program can be challenging, but a PHP can make the transition much easier.
During PHP, you will participate in a number of engaging one-to-one and group treatments that aim to reinforce healthy coping skills and positive behaviors. These treatments are delivered with the same intensity and individualized care as they are in a residential setting.
Therapies and other services during PHP may include:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- 12-Step facilitation
- Relapse prevention
- Trauma-informed care
- Case management
In addition to in-house treatments, you will also attend 12-Step meetings or support groups that take place outside of the recovery facility so you can start getting involved with a recovery community. No matter where you live, attending meetings that you enjoy before you leave treatment will help you feel more confident about embarking on your personal recovery journey after rehab is over. You will feel 100% confident walking into a meeting or group anywhere.
PHP also offers:
- The ability to have more family visits. Family support can improve your success in treatment and keep you motivated to stay sober.
- Time to go to the gym or take yoga classes. Now that you’re medically stable, you can work towards getting your mind and body healthy again.
- More meet-ups with your sponsor. With more time to work with your sponsor, you’ll have more time to work on your steps and focus on 12-Step recovery.
- Individualized aftercare planning to prepare you for life after rehab. Recovery doesn’t end with PHP! Before leaving treatment, your counselor will help you develop an aftercare plan that will support long-term recovery.
Our PHP treatments cover mental health, too, so you can receive comprehensive dual diagnosis care that addresses both your mental health and your substance use disorder. As a dual diagnosis facility, Sheer Recovery is designed to help you uncover the root cause of your addiction so you can achieve true healing. We do this by treating any chemical imbalances you are suffering from and facilitating evidence-based treatments to improve your mental health.
Benefits of Choosing an Orange County Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP)
If you are struggling with drug or alcohol addiction but don’t require detoxification or medical care, you can benefit greatly from a partial hospitalization program in Southern California. A few key benefits of going to a PHP include:
- PHP can ease the transition from inpatient rehab to outpatient care
- The cost of treatment is lower because you aren’t paying for medical care or 24/7 supervision and it is covered by insurance
- You will have more freedom and flexibility in your daily schedule
- Having access to the same treatments as you did in the residential program but with more freedom gives you an opportunity to apply the things you’ve learned in treatment in real-life situations
- PHP allows you to spend more time with your family and support group which can be great for your morale and overall well-being
Speak with a qualified team member at Sheer Recovery today to find out if our PHP drug and alcohol rehab program is right for you.
Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) For Drug and Alcohol Recovery in Southern California
Partial hospitalization is a time when you can establish healthy lifestyle habits, build a sober support group, and learn how to navigate early recovery. The support, commitment, and personalized care provided by our multidisciplinary team of addiction experts will empower you to work toward your goals in recovery.
If you or a loved one are struggling with addiction, we are here to help. Our admissions specialists are available at all hours of the day to verify your insurance, learn about your situation, and get you enrolled in the right substance abuse treatment program for you. Call now to get started.